- School Size: 300
- Type of Student: Missionary Kid, Expatriate
- Certification Needed: No
- Years of Experience Required: None
- Minimum Length: Long-Term
- Location: Kandern, Germany
- Boarding: Yes
- Monthly Salary: None
- Monthly Support Estimate for One Person: USD $2,600.00
The majority of TeachBeyond members serve in roles that involve raising support for their ministry so that the educational services offered are affordable for all learners they seek to serve. We are also pleased to offer training, tools, and coaching to our members as they build a financial support team partnering with them in transformational education.
About the Maintenance Staff Position
Purpose statement: To help BFA fulfill its mission by maintaining the facilities and equipment associated with the school and student residences.
Key positions open:
Fleet Manager (oversee the maintenance, school, and dorm vehicles)
About Black Forest Academy
Black Forest Academy (BFA) was founded in 1956 by TeachBeyond, formerly Janz Team Ministries. It is an international Christian school providing an English language education for grades 5-12. Grades 1-4 are part of a bilingual school, Christliche Schule Kandern (CSK).
BFA serves the children of international Christian workers and international business families who want a North American curriculum that incorporates a Christian worldview. BFA has an enrollment of approximately 300 students, with about 50% of the 9th-12th grade students in the residential boarding program.
The Black Forest region encompasses the southwest corner of Germany, with BFA located in the picturesque village of Kandern. The nearest cities to BFA include Basel in Switzerland, Mulhouse in France, and Lörrach and Freiburg in Germany.
- Population: 80,854,408 (July 2015 est.)
- Religions: Protestant 34%, Roman Catholic 34%, Muslim 3.7%, unaffiliated or other 28.3%
- Government: Federal Republic
- Below Poverty Line: 15.5% (2010 est.)