About the Resident Assistant - Male Position
Purpose: To help BFA fulfill its mission by overseeing the boarding students, the facilities and the dorm staff in a particular BFA residence.
Reporting Relationships: The Resident Assistant reports to the Dorm Parents and Residence Life Supervisor.
1. Seek by personal example and precept to inspire students and staff in Christian faith and living.
2. Develop positive, loving care as would be found in a Christ-centered home.
3. Provide appropriate moral, social, spiritual and physical training in cooperation with the dorm parents.
4. Facilitate good communications with students and staff.
5. Remain available while on duty.
6. Promote good study habits and provide a quiet study environment.
7. Exercise flexibility and understanding in the care of individual students within the context of the group living environment.
8. Consistently administer established dormitory rules, and routines, e.g. bed time free time, etc.
9. Teach and encourage students to develop healthy lifestyle, e.g. hygiene and adequate sleep, etc.
10. Assist students in time of sickness and injuries.
11. Promote good work ethic regarding the residence gratis’ (chores).
12. Encourage dorm students to communicate with their parents.
13. Assist dorm staff with the daily dorm duties, e.g. laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, etc.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Residence Life.
Preferred Status will be given to those with degrees in: Education, Psychology, Social Work, and Youth Work (Youth Ministry is included however it must be the major).
About Black Forest Academy
Black Forest Academy (BFA) was founded in 1956 by TeachBeyond, formerly Janz Team Ministries. It is an international Christian school providing an English language education for grades 5-12. Grades 1-4 are part of a bilingual school, Christliche Schule Kandern (CSK).
BFA serves the children of international Christian workers and international business families who want a North American curriculum that incorporates a Christian worldview. BFA has an enrollment of approximately 300 students, with about 50% of the 9th-12th grade students in the residential boarding program.
The Black Forest region encompasses the southwest corner of Germany, with BFA located in the picturesque village of Kandern. The nearest cities to BFA include Basel in Switzerland, Mulhouse in France, and Lörrach and Freiburg in Germany.