- School Size: 514
- Type of Student: Missionary Kid, National, Expatriate
- Certification Needed: Yes
- Years of Experience Required: None
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Boarding: Yes
- Monthly Salary: None
- Monthly Support Estimate for One Person: USD $1,800.00
The majority of TeachBeyond members serve in roles that involve raising support for their ministry so that the educational services offered are affordable for all learners they seek to serve. We are also pleased to offer training, tools, and coaching to our members as they build a financial support team partnering with them in transformational education.
About the Program (L.E.A.P) Coordinator Middle School Position
L.E.A.P (Learning English for Academic Purposes) is a program that Faith and TeachBeyond are partnering in to provide intensive English instruction to the children of Asian pastors and missionaries. These 7th graders will receive intensive English instruction for half of the day and will be integrated into Bible, Math, Science, Music, and PE for the other periods. The goal is to help the students reach a level of English proficiency so that they can attend Faith Academy in high school. The coordinator position will involve teaching English, mentoring teaching assistants, and providing administrative support.
Position Start Date January, 2017
About Faith Academy (Manila campus)
Faith Academy was founded in 1957 as a school serving the educational needs of missionary families in Southeast Asia. Now an international Christian school of more than 500 students, Faith offers PreK-12 education for the children of Christian workers as well as other national and international students. School-going children of staff members receive special rates in tuition fees.
- Population: 100,998,376 (July 2015 est.)
- Religions: Catholic 82.9% (Roman Catholic 80.9%, Aglipayan 2%), Muslim 5%, Evangelical 2.8%, Iglesia ni Kristo 2.3%, other Christian 4.5%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.6%, none 0.1% (2000 census)
- Government: Republic
- Below Poverty Line: 25.2% (2012 est.)