- School Size: 360
- Type of Student: Missionary Kid, National, Expatriate
- Certification Needed: Yes
- Years of Experience Required: 3
- Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Boarding: No
- Monthly Salary: None
- Monthly Support Estimate for One Person: USD $1,500.00
The majority of TeachBeyond members serve in roles that involve raising support for their ministry so that the educational services offered are affordable for all learners they seek to serve. We are also pleased to offer training, tools, and coaching to our members as they build a financial support team partnering with them in transformational education.
About the English TeacherSenior/High School English Teacher Position
We are looking for an English teacher to come and join our secondary staff to prepare students in senior school (Grade 9-12) for the Cambridge exams (IGCSE, AS Level and A Level).
Position Start Date August 2017
About Haven of Peace Academy
Haven of Peace Academy is an International Christian school with over 30 nationalities represented in our community. HOPAC helps facilitate the work of missionaries in Dar es Salaam. Being a teacher at HOPAC provides the opportunity to shape future African leaders, serve missionary families and witness to non-Christian students and their families. All teachers at HOPAC must meet the following school and government requirements:
– committed evangelical Christian
– Bachelor degree, preferably in education
– 3 years of teaching experience
Some useful information:
– We are an English-medium school following a British-style curriculum that has been adapted to fit our local contextual needs. HOPAC is accredited by ACSI and Middle States Association, is registered as a Cambridge Testing Centre, and is a member of AISA.
– Staff are expected to work with their mission to find their own accommodation; however, HOPAC is able to assist them in this process. Other Benefits the School Offers: HOPAC has a monthly living allowance for staff to assist the support-raising process. The amount is dependent on the size of family. A single teacher receives $500 a month, a married teacher $800, a married couple both working at HOPAC $900, an additional $100 is added per child. These base amounts increase by $100 after the first year only. Staff are required to raise support and be sent through a mission organization.
- Population: 51,045,882
- Religions: mainland - Christian 30%, Muslim 35%, indigenous beliefs 35%; Zanzibar - more than 99% Muslim
- Government: Republic
- Below Poverty Line: 67.9% (2011 est.)