- School Size: 330
- Type of Student: National, Missionary Kid, Expatriate
- Certification Needed: No
- Years of Experience Required: 3
- Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Boarding: No
- Monthly Salary: $USD 700.00
- Monthly Support Estimate for One Person:
The majority of TeachBeyond members serve in roles that involve raising support for their ministry so that the educational services offered are affordable for all learners they seek to serve. We are also pleased to offer training, tools, and coaching to our members as they build a financial support team partnering with them in transformational education.
About the English Teacher Senior/High School English Teacher Position
We are looking for an English teacher to come and join our secondary staff to prepare students in senior school (Grade 9-12) for the Cambridge exams (IGCSE, AS Level and A Level).
Position Start Date August 2017
About Haven of Peace Academy
Haven of Peace Academy is an International Christian school situated in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with over 30 nationalities represented among our community. HOPAC helps to facilitate the work of missionaries in and around Dar es Salaam. As a result the Tanzanian church is strengthened, progress is made in church planting among least reached people groups and the disadvantaged are supported. Being a teacher at HOPAC enables this to continue and provides the opportunity to shape future African leaders, serve missionary families and witness to non-Christian students and their families. All teachers at HOPAC must meet the following school and government requirements:
– committed Christian growing in faith
– Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in education
– at least 3 years of teaching experience
Some useful information to know and to share:
– HOPAC has a monthly living allowance for staff to assist with the support-raising process. The allowance amount is dependent on the size of family. A single teacher receives $500 monthly, a married teacher receives $800, a married couple with both working at HOPAC receive $900, and then an additional $100 is added per child. These base amounts increase by $100 after the first year only. Staff are required to raise support and be sent through a mission organization.
– We are an English-medium school following a British-style curriculum that has been adapted to fit our local contextual needs. HOPAC is accredited by ACSI and Middle States Association, is registered as a Cambridge Testing Centre, and is a member of AISA.
– Generally staff are expected to work with their mission to find their own accommodation; however, HOPAC is able to assist them in this process.
- Population: 51,045,882
- Religions: mainland - Christian 30%, Muslim 35%, indigenous beliefs 35%; Zanzibar - more than 99% Muslim
- Government: Republic
- Below Poverty Line: 67.9% (2011 est.)