- School Size: 664
- Type of Student: Missionary Kid, National, Expatriate
- Certification Needed: Yes
- Years of Experience Required: 2
- Minimum Length: Long-Term
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Boarding: No
- Monthly Salary: $USD 1,000.00
- Monthly Support Estimate for One Person: USD $1,500.00
The majority of TeachBeyond members serve in roles that involve raising support for their ministry so that the educational services offered are affordable for all learners they seek to serve. We are also pleased to offer training, tools, and coaching to our members as they build a financial support team partnering with them in transformational education.
About the Teacher G7-9 Position
1. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
Becoming a secondary English teacher at Wellspring Academy requires:
• To be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ – thoroughly committed and practicing basic disciplines which stimulate growth in Christ
• Decision analysis and decision making abilities, in determining how best to aid students in the learning process
• Frequent meetings with school administrators, teachers, and other staff to communicate information, data, and alternative problem solutions
• To passionately embrace and pursue a Christ-centered vision for her/his life
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaches courses in English to secondary students, following appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content
• Conducts teaching and instructional activities, using educational equipment, materials, books, and other learning aids
• Provides instruction in citizenship, in Christian values and other subject matter specified by the school policies and administrative regulations
• Provides group and individual instruction to motivate students, and effectively utilizes the time available for instructional activities
• Maintains appropriate standards of student behavior, using behavioral management strategies and techniques, including positive reinforcement and behavior shaping procedures as well as Christian values
• Performs a variety of non-instructional duties, including curriculum and instructional development activities, student supervision, and consultation activities
Position Start Date Aug 2017
About Wellspring Academy
Our Vision: To produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Our Mission: To educate and equip students to become highly skilled, Godly leaders, and agents of community transformation.
Philosophy of Education: It is our privilege to provide Christ centered education where high expectations held within a challenging curriculum provide the foundation for all students to become enthusiastic, persistent and competent learners.
Students: The first graduates of Wellspring Academy are serving in different areas: 24 in universities in 6 countries, 1 in military and 3 are doing business.
Curriculum: Wellspring curriculum facilitates critical and reflective learning skills and a positive attitude towards education.
“Moving From Strong To Superb” journey is focused on expanding Wellspring Academy with the international exposure in a holistic way.
- Population: 12,661,733
- Religions: Roman Catholic 49.5%, Protestant 39.4% (includes Adventist 12.2% and other Protestant 27.2%), other Christian 4.5%, Muslim 1.8%, animist 0.1%, other 0.6%, none 3.6% (2001), unspecified 0.5% (2002 est.)
- Government: Republic; Presidential, Multiparty System
- Below Poverty Line: 44.9% (2011 est.)