About the Business Manager Position
IES is seeking a Business Manager who will oversee the finance department and non-educational related facilities and operations. This person will be accountable to the Director.
1) The business manager will be responsible for managerial financial documents including: leading the budgeting process, quarterly & annual financial reviews, preparing for the annual audit, and preparing financial statements, cash flow projections, and a financial dashboard.
2) The business manager will oversee the accountant and bookkeeper including: approving bank transactions, approving bank and cash reconciliations, approving salaries and expense payments, overseeing invoice processing, debt collection, and monitoring receipts and payments.
3) The business manager will oversee inventories and IT operations.
4) The business manager will assist the director and HR department in clarifying work contracts, schedules of non-teaching employees, housing & legal paper work needs of expat staff and any non-educational related issues of employment.
5) The business manager will be available to meet with parents to discuss any non-educational related issues.
6) The business manager will work with the fundraising committee to develop a network of financial partners and a regular stream of donations for facilities, equipment and scholarships. (If the business manager is full time, not included if half time.)
The position is open immediately; however, until June 30, 2018 the role will be limited to the financial management aspects 1 & 2 listed above
20-40 hours per week, position with an expected minimum 2-year commitment.
Preferred qualifications and practical experience:
w University Education to MBA level.
w At least 5 years Management experience, including financial and operations management.
w Strong experience and familiarity with financial reporting, audits, and budgeting.
w Advanced level of English.
Position Start Date Immediately
About International Education Services
International Education Services is an international school located in the Middle East. At IES, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the largest unreached nations in the 10/40 window.
One of the main problems expat families have is finding quality education in overseas environments, especially as their children reach middle and high school years. The primary focus of IES is the education of the children of the families called to ministry in this country thereby enabling them to remain on the field. We organize furnished accommodation for all staff within easy reach of the school. Staff are asked to refund the costs to the school.
The school also provides a work permit which will allow the teacher to work in the country legally. The permit also gives the teacher access to the national health care system which is relatively good and inexpensive.