About the Secondary ESL Specialist Position
Provide ELL push in and/or pull out instruction to students in grades 6-12.
– Assist in administering required language proficiency and academic achievement tests for determining placement for students in grades 6-12, along with ongoing monitoring of student progress.
– Maintain database of ELL and ELL-eligible students.
– Assist in developing language acquisition support plans (ELL plans) for all ELL students and work with classroom teachers to implement plans.
– Work with classroom teachers to support differentiated instruction.
– Assist in developing appropriate curriculum to help ELL students acquire the English language.
– Employ a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students, including whole group (co-teaching)/ small-group or individual learning.
– Assist in compiling and maintaining a profile summary (record of achievement and progress) for each student.
– Assist in gathering and reporting data for reporting requirements and other required reports.
– Establish and maintain communication with parents of students in the program.
– Engage parents and families in their student’s learning and acting as an ambassador for the school in the community.
– Participate in secondary team meetings.
– Contribute productively to the school as a whole.
– Participate in in-service and staff development activities and staff meetings as required or assigned.
– Attend ILP or other related meetings necessary for student assessment.
– Attend and participate in established traditional school-sponsored activities (i.e., back-to school night, open house, and other activities customarily attended by classroom teachers and/or faculty members), which may be outside of regular school hours.
– Other duties as assigned.
Position Start Date August 1st, 2019
About Kigali International Community School
Kigali International Community School (KICS) is looking for staff members who are passionate about Jesus, passionate about young people, and motivated professionals.
Our vision, mission, and values are important to us, and we want Christian teachers who can wholeheartedly embrace them.
KICS is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
We enter into each hiring season prayerfully seeking those that the Lord is preparing for a season of service at KICS.
We are looking for teachers who:
*Possess a sense of God’s leading;
*Are willing to live out their Christian faith in and out of their classrooms;
*Are in agreement with KICS Statement of Faith
*Are qualified in their area of expertise (teachers need to be certified).
Does this sound like you?
If so, you may be just the person we’re looking for to join the KICS team!
KICS is pleased to provide the following benefits to its staff members:
– 3 year renewable contracts
– $1000 monthly stipend from August-May
– Round-trip annual airfare*
– Furnished housing within walking distance of campus*
– Tuition credits for your child(ren) as applicable
– Professional development opportunities, including $2000 over a 3-year contract
– International or local medical insurance
– Access to a school vehicle
*Applicable to international hires only
Staff at KICS are considered missionary educators. As such, staff are encouraged to raise additional support to supplement the stipend and benefits KICS provides.